Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis work offsets

Chris Rizzo

More rookie 4th axis questions.

I've got a defined WCS which has an assigned offset (g112).

-Regular ops are in top plane and post the g112 just fine.

-For a few rotary positional ops, I set my t-plane by entity, then click on rotary axis positioning (x axis). I'm not getting any offset outputs with the rotary operations...It's same WCS with offset just diff. tool plane.

I can manually set my offset to g112, and positioning and angles are fine.

Am I missing something? I am using a differnet toolplane sure, but via rotary move and not any coordinate shift, and want to keep outputting the g112, which is the center of my rotary axis. Also, why don't my origins all stay 0,0,0?

rotary_wcs.jpg

Have you tried changing your work offsets all from -1 to 0. This should keep all your work shifts on the same work offset.

[ 05-21-2005, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: jmparis ]

oh sorry, I've got my post so whatever value is in that window, that's what I get. so no more 1=54,2=55,3=56, etc. If I put 54 in there, I get 54.

If I manually change my work offset in the ops manager, it works ok. I'm just a bit confused (what else is new) as to why for a rotary it just does'nt change planes via Axxx. but keep the same origin.

I believe it considers each rotation to be a new work offset. That's why if you are set to -1(default) it will output a new work offset at every A rotation. Maybe there is another way to approach this but I know whenever I do rotational postioning work I have to change all of my -1 to zero to maintain the same work offset.