Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

apt to nci

robert turner

Help!!

Hi all,

I am in need of converting a program that is in I and J format to R's . The code is in G code and the mastercam nci is out of date to the actual code. i have managed to convert it to APT and now want to re-post it as either nci and then post on our fanuc post or somthing that will convert ij to r as nc code.

I am on a VERY tight time scale and strugling so any help would be very welcome.

Thanks Robert

[email protected]

Robert,

Most posts can be changed from i,j,k to r by changing a setting in the post

go to file, edit, pst.

Find the post that you use. The mpfan is the fanuc post (This post was modified by cnc a short time ago. The mastercam site has the latest version.)

Open the file and from the top go down about 2 page lengths till you find "general output settings" now look for "arcoutput".

'0' is ijk output

'1" is R no sign

'2' is R sign neg over 180 deg

Change this setting to get the output you need. Save the post with the change and repost your program.

Now check your program very carefully. Is it correct ????

You might need to change the "arctype" also.

That depends on your machine and what it needs.

Hope this helps.

mikee

Robert ,

Thanks for the input back.Sorry it didnt go the way you want to at first.

If i would of had the converter when you first asked i would shown it to you and helped.

But i did not get it till wedenday night and Steve at CimtechHad all ready spoken with you.

But as you said there is alwas next time.

[ 09-14-2001: Message edited by: cadcam ]