Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MILLING ON HORZ. ROTARY

Threept82

Hi Guys.

I'm looking for an example of a MC file that

is on a horizontal and I need to mill radial c'bores

around a thru windows. I've never had to do anything except holes which is only indexing. Any horz. rotary milling would be appreciated.

I'm going to a Tech day for this but I hate starting out cold.

Thanks

Unroll geometry with TRANSFORM-ROLL (select geometry) then you get a dialog box. Use CW, -90 defaults for positioning. For horizontals, rotate about Y axis. Set the rotary diameter. Change angle from .1 to 1. Your machining geometry should end up at zero depth. Then, when you make your flat toolpath, click on ROTARY AXIS, and set the rotary diameter again. Use AXIS SUBSTITUTION, ROTARY AXIS X, ROTARY DIRECTION CW (triangles point the same way).

I tried several ways and it looks like gumby and pokey had rubber children. I posted it on the FTP side in the unspecified_uploads folder under Threept

If somone gets time could you look at it and tell me

why I'm an idiot. I choose window and picked the entire part, point picked was origin everything els is as John said. I need to mill the 13.900 c'slots.

Thanks

Why do you have to un-roll it?

Select the chain and in the Rotary paramater box select Un-roll and give it the diameter at the depth of the chain (Radial dist. from the CL to the geometry x 2).

Mastercam is good at handling both the flat layouts and the 3d Models for rotary work. There are some good examples of both here....

http://www.tipsformanufacturing.com/html/rotary_contour.html

Mike Mattera