Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Prodrill Add on

Putzalutz

Howdy,

Anybody out there have Prodrill? My shop is looking at getting it, and I wanted to get some perspective if it's worth spending the cash on it or not... not that I am promoting myself to run our glofied drill dress (Haas VF6)... but if it makes it more efficient as they say...

personally, I like the solid drill function in MC it does what I need it to do. If workin with wireframe and just points, (rarely) I use the autodrill function. I have no real problems with either. Sometimes operators get irritated because they'll choose a tap with more lead on it than I planned for but MC doesn't read minds or take tooling inventory.

Some folks adament about form taps and I always assume cut taps. Form taps were always considered special apps in my neighborhood. However, I hope I answered your question. Answer- NO, use the existing functions that come with MC Solids, unless the pro-drill will be a plus with 5-axis.

I dunno.

It is an excellent investment with advanced feature recognition capabilities in a variety of planes. It is a bargain for what it can do, including proper depths for taps and reamers when following a drill, using circlemill for certain counterboring operations, etc. etc.