Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fadal e fixture

Joels

Does anybody know if Mastercam can load the E fixture height. For example on certain jobs i use 1 inch parallels to raise the part so on these programs i would like to change the fixture height when the program is loaded and change it back to zero when another program is loaded. Thank you for your help. cheers.gif

In your control on your fadal you can establish a fixture offset in the fixtire offset page. I believe it is e1-e9 on each one you cahnge the z reference height by a value that you decide based off of your parallels. In mastercam you can use your miscillaneous values to define what e (fixture) offset to read. Then MC will out put through the post the proper e code into your program. The machine will then read it and adjust based off of your z value in the fixture offset.

Well if I might add soemthing to this. Have your dealer contact Dave at In-House and get you the MPMASTER_Fadal Post. It does not need to MISC to use workoffets. It uses the workoffsets directly from the T/P plane page. Cool thing here is you want to change a group of operations you right click all the operations, go opitions, change workoffets done and no regening the operations. This goes for any operations in which you want to change the fixture offsets.

HTH

Oh the joys of using an old post. I did not know this was available. I tend to get a little lazy at times. Would that make me the Lazy^Millman. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info Ron I will definitily take a look at that, maybe something else in there that would improve through put.

Joels make sure it is the MPMASTER_FADAL post if not you will have to adapt that to do fixture E offsets vaules. Standard MPMASTER does G54 with expaned G54.1PXX so just need to see which one you have and if you do not have it like I said before have your dealer contact Dave most time there is a very very samll if nothing charge for this post.

HTH