Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How much disk space required for X?

garyg

Can someone give me an inkling of how much disk space will be required for X? I'm sure I'll be running 9 and X together for some time and currently I'm a little low on space.

Our company is buying new computers and if a user needs optional or expanded equipment we have to justify it to IT. The new computers will be HP Compaq dc7600 Small Form Factor with Pentium D820.

What's 10 gig of space cost? Probably less that it cost your company for you to post this message. Seriously. If you need to sweat even a few gig of hdd space, you need to find a new employer.

"Boss, I need one thousand three hundred extra megabytes in my computer." I'll have a report ready for you in the morning that will explain exactly why I need it, and how long it will take for it to pay for itself."

????

You will start X and you will be able to run the options that are available on your Sim. If you only have Mill you will start in Design mode and then can switch to Mill from a menu. If you have Mill and Lathe you can switch between them at will. No matter what machine type you are working with Design is always available.

Of course if you only work in one product you can modify the shortcut or a config option to always start in Mill, Lathe, or Router.