Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Start point and File get questions

Brian Ulrick

Thanks again for the last fix !

Mill Level 1 8.1 Win 98

When cutting an inside contour through a part thickness how can you start the plunge cut at a pre-drilled hole ? I know how in pocket , but can't figure it out in contour.

Second question: Why don't I see a thumbnail

view in " file get " for some files ( MC8 ), but not others ?

As always THANKS IN ADVANCE ! biggrin.gif

When you are choosing the geometry for your contour toolpath, chain a point before the contour as the start point (and after as the end point if desired) then make sure "Use start point" is checked in leadin/leadout.

For the thumbnails, the file has to b saved with one attached to it. when you go to File-Save, you have a check box for "Save Thumbnail Image with Geometry." You can open any files that don't have a picture, and re-save them with this switch on and you'll see it next time.

I just uploaded "2211 undermount" to the fabulous FTP site (thank you Jay). This is how I'm doing it now. Is there any way to pick the drill hole as the start and end of contour without having to do the fancy entry/exit thing? Note: since this is rock I am cutting- if I drop the cutout without support which I often do, the little 90 degree turn keeps it from flaking off.

Jim

Jammen,

Please come take your file back and tell me if this is what you want.

Now i can tell what nice bowl that can fit in there.

I used to work for a company called Gruber were we made all the molds for the sink and tubs ahd so on.

here is the link for the Company.

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: cadcam ]

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: cadcam ]