Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

To update post or not???

MIL-TFP-41

I have been playing with the new posts that come with X...little different format, but still close enough to the old format so its not that big of a transition.

Is there any advantage to going through one of the new posts that ship with X vs just updating one that has been around since 8? (currently we use a version that shipped with 8, updated to 9, luckly one post pretty much does most of our machines). This is just a 3 axis post.

The 5 axis post...same question. Any advantage of using the new one vs updating the old. This one I am more hesitant to dig into...I have alot of time into the V9 post.

Backup your post processors and convert them. You don't have anything to loose. You might get lucky and not have to do anything. Doubtful, but people do win the lottery smile.gif j/k I have heard people converting with no problems at all.

I would definately post an NC file in 9 and one on the converted post in X and run file compare on them. headscratch.gif

I will prol do file compare on several......

No reason to make one from scratch if you don't have to.