Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCAM VERSION 9

KEVCAM

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I would venture to say closer to WESTEC (March 2002) would be a better guess judging from past releases, but I guess that March is in the first quarter so you would be right. OK, I'll go sit in the corner now. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Bill,

It's been great so far. I've stopped using V8 all together for about 2-3 weeks now.

It's not a lot different interface-wise but there are some signifigant feature additions and improvements. I hear Beta 2 should be out next week or so. Of course I am looking forward to it.

Thanks to CNC for letting me beat up their stuff. biggrin.gif

Beta testing is not that difficult. The most important thing is to be deliberate in what you do so that if you encounter somenthing you can repeat it, and tell CNC about it.

Later,

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The new WCS functions are great. Unfortunately they don't apply to me anymore as I get 2-D flat drawings and must create the part that way, though I do "get" to import the DWG file. Those of you that get parts in say Aircraft Model space will greatly benefit. You'll no longer have to rotate the part into the top view, you can now set any view as the top view now. Also, of you get parts designed in say Solid Works, the front view is usually the top, now you don't have to rotate it for that either. Just reassign the coordinate system. Then wen you select the Top G-View, you get what you should, not somethig out 800 inches in X and 300 in Y, and out of rotation in all three axes.

JM2C