Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

For the Canadians who have been waiting for X...

Bullines

I am looking forward to trying out the new software but I am a bit concerned that there seems to be a lot of "issues" with it. I am not too concerned with having to learn what buttons to push but with the "that will be fixed in SP1" things.

That said, bring it on and lets get going with the next learning adventure.

How is it that some shops in Alberta already have X?

Phil

quote:

How is it that some shops in Alberta already have X?

Phil,

Since we are the massive country that we are, in order to get X out to people on the same day across the entire nation, we have to ship it out to dealers before the release. The dealers are free to install it whenever they want as long as it was following the official date of August 15 that CNC Software set. We gave a "buffer" of a couple of weeks so that dealers were all ready. Any installs in Canada prior to today could be considered "test" installs, which dealers did at their own discretion.

quote:

Has it taken you guys this long to put in all the "EH?"'s and "ZED"'s ????
biggrin.giftongue.gif

James,

Actually, we remove the twang and handguns from X to prep for the Canadian release. Then we cover the boxes with maple syrup (the real stuff..not that Aunt Jemima crap) and include a complimentary beer with actual alcohol content in it. Only then is X truly ready for Canadians wink.giftongue.gif

Ya, email codes today, eager eager beaver....

Talked to IHS this moring and was told the best ETA they could give me was a couple of days.

Hm, thinkin (hoping) Monday.

And for Camguy: .... Seventh day god created man....

and on the Eighth day, man created Mastercam...

Also I think if they released MC X in Canada first, then the Americans would've invaded us.

Thad,

quote:

I hear the "Done" icon was replaced with a "6 empty beer bottle" icon.

In Canadian schools, we are taught to count by 2's, 5's 10's and 24's. Comes in handy when counting emptys to see if you drank enough on the weekend to refund for a free case of beer. biggrin.gifcheers.gif

Phil