Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DXF problems

Read the V8 help on DXF files for the limitations of the DXF converter. The same limitations will apply to V7:

--

DWG is the AutoCAD® drawing (*.DWG) file format. The Mastercam Adv (advanced) ACAD converter can convert AutoCAD release13, 14, and 2000 DWG (and DXF) format files into Mastercam geometry (*.MC8) format. The converter can write MC8 files to ACAD 13, ACAD 14, or ACAD 2000 file formats (binary only).

--

Sounds like DXF from 13 and up must be converted with the Adv DWG translator. DXF 'as is' in Mastercam is the V12 format or earlier.

This topic seems to be running off-topic. Let's get it back on topic.

quote:

When I try to convert a DXF file directly from drive C, my computer crash. It only happen on drive C. Is anybody got this trouble before?

I have not seen this problem before, but I do have a couple of suggestions.

1. When did you last run ScanDisk? Your HD may ge going bad.

2. When did you last visit Windows Update? There may be a newer and better driver for your HD available.

3. If the above fails to help, find the site of the manufacturer of your HD, and download the newest driver from there.

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: craebild ]