Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fadal post issue, incremental drill depth

I have a rather large multiple part program written, well we need to run it in one of our Fadals(gulp)

I have many tool paths tranformed and set to output subprograms, which it seems to do nicely but all of my drill cycles seem to neglect the fact that the machine is in incremental and send the depth of all my drill canned cycles to and absolute depth.

Does anyone know if I am having a control issue or is there something my post my be missing to tell this thing what it is really supposed to be doing?

My code look like this

quote:

N391 L0900

N392 G91

N393 G81 G98 X0. Y0. Z-2.05 R0-1.915 F10.

N394 G80

N395 M17

My initial height is +2.75

[ 09-09-2005, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: jmparis ]

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Am I the only one that thinks it's odd to run a machine in incremental?

I've never seen that before.

I was trying to get a program to fit into a small memory, so sub-programming with it being set to save memory room.

simply, memory space.

No other reason on this particular job.

When you subprogram repeating patterns, I have found that using the incremantal machine mode is easier to use.

It is a multiple part fixture and the same hole pattern repeats in several locations.

They wound up moving it to another machine because even with all the space saving things I did it still wouldn't fit in the machine memory with everything BUT the hole patterns done in incremental and I didn't have time to explore setting up the DNC direct feed before I left on vacation.

• 2 years later...