Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT Fanuc 6M start lines and DNC

joe m

We have a 1981 Hitachi Seiki VA40 with a Fanuc 6M that we purchased used. The machine had been neglected and sat for some time. After tending to some neglected maintenance we have the machine running quite well but have the following problems, or annoyances. While these are not all Mastercam questions the users of this group have proven to be very helpful in the past. We have been running Fadal’s for the last few years and have forgotten the ins and outs of these older Fanuc’s.

Program start:

When a program is started the machine must be at the reference position or it will crash.

Programs start and end as follows.

%

O0001

G20

G0G17G40G49G80G90

G0G90G54X.5527Y0.S1550M3

G43H1Z.5M8

Z-.4

G1Z-.1F7.

Blablabla

X.2851Y-.0035Z-.2733

G0Z.1

Z.7351

M5

G91G28Z0.M9

G28X0.Y0.A0.

M30

%

DNC:

For the life of me I can not get straight answer on how to tell if this machine is cable of DNC! banghead.gif I know how DNC works and what it is, been using it for as long as I’ve been a machinist. How can I tell if this machine is callable and if so how do I set it up? I have the machine sending and receiving to a pc but need to DNC.

Tool change:

This machine has a side mount tool changer that is random access. How can I change the V9 mpfan post to pre-stage the tools for a tool change? I.E. have the T# before the M6.

Thanks in advance.

smile.gif

Oh, Joe M

For the tool change, Check your the post setting for pre-stage tools.

stagetool : 1 #0 = Do not pre-stage tools, 1 = Stage tools

You should get somthing like the following.

N10T1

M6

G0G90G54X3.0Y1.0M3S500T2

G43H1Z.1

"

"

"

N20T2

M6

G0G90G54X3.0Y1.0M3S500T3

G43H2Z.1

"

"

M30

Joe M,

Did you have the PC set to send while in tape mode. The PC waits on the signal from the machine to start sending the program.

1. Set machine to tape mode

2. Setup the PC to send file.

3. Press cycle start.

The machine should send a signal to the PC to start sending the file. That's all that I do.

Most Fanuc 6 Controls can not DNC via the RS232 port. You must use the tape reader port and emulate the tape reader with a BTR. Once the machine is in TAPE Mode, the BTR will "trick" the machine thinking a paper tape is still on the control and run DNC. For more options, visit our website: www.cncnetworking.com