Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Saving NCI files

ruger2

Good Morning,

How can I change the path from;

C:ProgramFilesMillNCI[filename]

to

C:Mcam9MillNCI[filename].

It wants to save the NCI file in the location as 1st listed above when I tell it to post, but saves the NC file in the seconded one listed. I would like it to save it in the second path. This

is in v9.1 MR0105.

Thanks,

Ruger2

With me it's a preference. I right click the toolpath group/options/change NCI destination and specify the NCI name with 8 charecters or less as that's all my machine will read when posted so I can identify it more acurately.

I can also make various toolpath groups posts

as any NCI name I choose.

It also shows me the fact that I am only saving one NCI name for the tpathgroup I have chosen.

Some I work with don't bother with saving the NCI name.

If you wish to posts several NCI or NC programs from the operation manager and then it will by default save as the MC9 file name. If you just choose some of the toolpaths then you'll be asked to post all or just those you have chosen.

I just like to make sure my NC file is what I want

when my NCI is specified that's all.

edmBosto