Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS C/T PLANES

PROG_MAN_DO

My WCS t/c planes keep moving confused.gif

I enter the WCS manager, after I have created a view, set the t/c planes, create some geometry or toolpaths, go to a different view via an icon, go back to the view I created and the t/c plane has moved.. banghead.gifbanghead.gif

very annoying!! Is anyone else having this experience? confused.gif

one other question..Can somebode please, please, tell me how to bring a sreenshot into the forum. I've tried alt+printscreen, then paste and it don't work. I tried creating a .gif file, no worky. Please advise.

Mine was doing that too.

the view wa still there except it is no longer checked.

I was just clicking in the box next to the view name (c,t).

I went back to the view manager and highlighted the view I want to cut in and clicked that = sign on the right. Not sure what it is, but it works now.

as far as a screenshot, the forum doesn't "store" photo's. You need to use an outside server to host your photo, then paste a link to that photo in your message. I use a FTP server to host my photo's, other folks I think use a HP photo feature.

as far as your planes, what has moved? your origin or the view to a different plane.

The construction plane and tool plane move to a different view. I'm programming for horizontals and my WCS is different from my c/t planes, as they should be. If I set my c/t plane to front, go to an iso view or side view, whatever, then select the front view icon, it says a different view name, or it will say, view not saved, and the c/t will either disappear completely from the view manager, or they will move somewhere else.

Russell, I am experiencing the same problem now again... can't get it to stay where I put it.

Also... Even if it is checked and in the top view with a new origin enabled etc... when I try to create a center line at -0- horizontally or vertically and type in 0.000 it creates the lines at the origin (0,0) instead of where my WCS is set.

Driving me friggin batty.

If you have both these options turned on, changing the WCS will change the graphics view which will change the Cplane and Tplane.

In other words, you'll lose control of where the heck you're at. It's great if you want to always draw and view in the same view that your WCS is set to, but personally I turn them both off. I like things to move when I tell them to; I don't need the system to attempt to read my mind and anticipate my intentions.

35919336-L.jpg

35919340-L.jpg

I have both of those unchecked.

WCS_origin.jpg

As you can see in the pic my Cavity view has an origin set which btw is the center of the arc on the block. Whenever I try to create a vertical or horizontal line at that origin (0.000)it creates it at the true origin F9 brown line.

I just created an arc at X3Y2Z0 and used its center point to create a new view and set my WCS, Tplane and Cplane to the new view. I then drew a hzl line at 0,0,0 to 2,0,0 and then put in 0.0 to answer the prompt to enter a Y coordinate.

It drew a hzl line from the center of the arc 2 inches long (i.e. it worked okay on my end).

I guess you should send the file into tech support and tell them to log it as a bug. Maybe it's something unique to your file?

Could be I guess.

I know it worked right the other day whilst I played.

This file is from a parasolid and tech is having problems getting the solid layout to work on it too.

Going to create surfaces from solid and start over.

Thanks Ray