Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DNC Help

mwc815

Hi guys,

WE are having trouble using DNC to a Haas VF-7. Mastercam 8.1.1, Windows XP Pro with service

pack 2, rs-232 cable. The really strange part is that if I load a nc file to machine memory it

will work fine.If I load that same file (except manually change M30 to M00) thru DNC it will

run for a while and then alarm out. The alarms will vary. No end, bad number, unknown code.

Mastercom communications and machine control are set the same. Cable connectors are set to the

Haas manual.Right now I'mm taking a surface file and manually breaking the code into 4 seperate programs so they will fit into the controller.Running out of ideas.

thanks,Mike Carr

It sounds like you might have a noise problem in your line that doesn't show up in the quick burst of 'program load' but pops in when you're dripping.

Is this a new problem?

If so, have you changed anything [hardware, software, etc] lately?

How long is your wire?

Is it good wire, or some CAT5 crap wire?

How good is the grounding and incoming power to the machine?

The list goes on...

C

I was told that it worked a few years ago. That was with a different computer (win98). It hasn't worked with this setup.

The cable is cat5 and is about 50' long. It runs near some electrical conduit. What kind of cable do you reccomend?

I don't see a special ground wire on the machine.It is grounded through the power supply.

If it "used to work" then I'd start with computer and cableing.

Another thing to look at might be the version of software your mill has (hit parameters button twice). Our older machines that run version 11.xx have periodic DNC issues that have been well documented by haas and are "fixed" with newer software in the control. In particular something related to buffer overflow and the control choking, which makes sense considering your problem with 3d programs.

I've learned to deal with the occassional hiccups here, the dealer wants close to a 1000$ to upgrade.

hth