Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

General Selection

thoskins

The "General Selection" toolbar will not enable after I select "Analyze Entity Properties". If I preselect my geometry it will work fine. I prefer to have the preselction option turned off. The help menu says that you can select geometry by way of the "General Selection" toolbar either before or after selecting "analyze entity properties". Is there a setting I'm missing or could I have an issue with my pc. I am running Win XP sp2 on a Dell dim 4600. Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz. 1 gig ram. Video card Nvidia GeForce FX 5200. I did a standard install with no problems. The only other issues that I have are a right mouse click issue in the view manager and McamX locking up if I have Ver 9 running. The right mouse problem I am having is when I choose RMC "X,Y,Z coordinate of a point" to set my view origins it does not remember them. If I select the button provided and pick a single point it works fine. I can also type in a value and it will work fine. I wondering if I am having a "WINDOWS" problem more than a Mcam X problem.

thanks in advance.

quote:

The "General Selection" toolbar will not enable after I select

I have noticed that in the selection window... if you have window picked from previous operation when you go to do certain things like analyze... auto-highlight is disabled and in some cases you are not allowed to select.

Work around would be make sure you have the select bar set to single.

Sometimes if you have "window pick" enabled,

you can't pick a single entity, you have to back out, check the white arrow and it will work.

I've noticed this when picking surfaces in toolpaths also. If "window pick" is on, the system will prompt you to pick a surface, but you can't. You have to manually switch from "window"

to the white arrow. Since the system just prompted you to pick a surface, it should set the selection mode correctly so you can.

I'm having the same problem, just thought it was something that I have'nt figured out yet. If I'm writing a surface tool path and select my entities by window I have to exit the program and change the selection method to chain and then go back into the geometry selection to select my chain. If anyone figures out a different way I'd like to know about it.

Hows it goin Hoskins?

DOIN GREAT. NEW JOBS COOL. BEEN DOIN SOME HARD MILLING, WELL ONE TIME ANYWAY. I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH TROUBLE YOUR'E HAVING WITH X BUT SO FAR I HAVEN'T WENT BACK TO 9 AT ALL. ALTHOUGH I'VE BEEN CUSSING A TIME OR TWO. MINE KEPT LOCKING UP UNTIL MY COMP. GOT UPGRADED TO 2 GIG. NOW IT JUST ACTS FUNNY IN THE MORNING. IM ALSO HAVING TROUBLE WITH CHANGING COLORS ON SURFACES. I SELECT "ALL" ON THE GEN. SELECTION BAR, CHECK SURFACES ON, CHANGE GENERAL SELECTION TO WINDOW, RIGHT CLICK ON COLOR, WINDOW THE ENTIRE SCREEN AND ABOUT 80% OF THE SURFACES CHANGE COLOR. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT.

I recieved this email in reference to the problem with wcs view manager not retaining the values input thru the RMC method.

I sent this to Mastercam. They were able to duplicate the problem and

logged it as a bug.

Thanks

John Young

P.O. Box 320

8 Plaza Dr.

Pendleton, IN 46064

E-Mail: [email protected]

Tech Support: [email protected]

ftp://customer:[email protected]

Authorized Mastercam Distributor