Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fadal post update error

Thad

Below is a section of my updated Fadal.pst (format1). Is it telling me that the error has been fixed? My guess is that it hasn't.

code:

fs2 18  1.4 1.3lz   #Decimal, absolute, 4/3 place (force 1 leading and trailing)

#CNC<<MSG-ERROR(344)>> Unrecognized characters after statement

.I'm also a little curious about this error.

code:

sg84_2  G84.2

#CNC<<CONVERT>>sg84.2 G84.2

#CNC<<MSG-ERROR(487)>> Illegal character(s) encountered

It seems to me that this was fixed, based on my readings from the Transition Guide. What confuses me is if it was fixed, why log it as "Illegal characters encountered." It sounds like I have something wrong. If it's fixed, I don't even want to know about it. It's just causing confusion.

Thad

John,

That's what I got out of reading the TG. I just thought it was weird the update utility knew to do it, but then it still reported it to me. I guess I'm just being picky and wanted confirmation.

It appears that the other error line shouldn't have a "z" in it. Z is not a supported variable. rtfaq.gif I see the original V9 post from the CD has a Z in it too. After taking the Z out, there error goes away.

Thanks, John.

Thad

Yeah, the X update utility can be kind of picky but some of the things that were allowable or at the very least unrecognized errors in the V9 posts that still allowed it to function, are now being caught by the update utility and either automatically repairing or requiring a manual repair.

A customer of mine had the same problem with his fadal post. on his, there were three errors, but I checked the lines and now I know that the sg84.2 probably threw it. in addition, I got an error on one of the format statements, which I cannot see a problem with. here are the lines in the log file

26 - 21 Sep 2005 09:04:31 AM - PST LINE (337) - Unrecognized characters after statement

27 - 21 Sep 2005 09:04:31 AM - PST LINE (480) - Illegal character(s) encountered

28 - 21 Sep 2005 09:04:31 AM - PST LINE (483) - Illegal character(s) encountered

29 - 21 Sep 2005 09:04:31 AM - PST LINE (1239) - The formula/boolean does not terminate properly

and here are the referenced lines:

Line 337: fs2 27 0 2 0 2lt #Integer, force leading & trailing (min)

Line 480: fstrsel sg84.2 tap_dir sgtap_prep

Line 483:sg90 G90 #Absolute code

Line 1239: pdrill #Canned Drill Cycle - G81/G82

If anybody has any ideas on what I need to change on these lines please let me know.

Thanks, banghead.gif