Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SP1 and post issue ?

?Mark

Still have the same problem as in original release, but not sure if it's post or MC issue.

Do we need to update posts again?

EX:

Draw a rectangle, fillet all corners, toolpath contour clockwise starting with a straight line, in toolpath parameters chose multipasses, finish passes 2, spacing 0, lead in/out with a line and tangent arc, enter on first cut, exit on last cut, post

I still get missing G1 code after arc move:

G2X-2.8637Y2.8536R.5

X.3557

Another thing.

Picking arc centers for helical toolpath won't let me specify dia I want to cut (blanked), it defaults to 1.0" arc dia. Is it supposed to be this way?

Kind regards, Mark

Mark, I have been able to duplicate it by setting plunge feed same as cut feed. This is what's happening.

In plinout there the "`" if front of sgcode (`sgcode) tells the post to only output the gcode if something else is also coming out, otherwise hold on to it.

It does keep from outputting, but updates the pprv_gcode$ var which is wrong. I tested by doing:

code:

plinout #Output to NC of linear movement - feed

"JIM-test1",prv_gcode$,e$

pcan1, pbld, n$, sgplane, `sgcode, sgabsinc, pccdia,

pxout, pyout, pzout, feed, strcantext, scoolant, e$

"JIM-test2",prv_gcode$,e$

For now you can take the "`" from in front of the sgcode or set plunge feed dif from cut feed.

You're right Jimmy, setting a diffrent plunge feedrate fixes it, but you get an "ugly" line "G1F__;" between G2 and a next linear move.

quote:

For now you can take the "`" from in front of the sgcode

Isn't it going to give me a bunch of unnecesary repeats of G1's and G2/3's

Thanks very much for looking into it.

cheers.gif

Kind regards, Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mark for pointing me here!

In this post:

http://www.emastercam.com/ubb/ultimatebb.p...ic;f=1;t=017085

I brought up this same subject, with one addition.

The change in feed rate fixed my situation with alarming out. But, didn't fix the loops in engraving. I get loops on top and bottom of R's (one or the other) and so far on top of P's. Anyone else come across this? Got a fix?

Don't have permission for FTP or I'd put up screenies, code and the MCX file!

• 2 weeks later...