Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Z Level Mask

Rick McAllister

I have had several occasions where I wanted to window select several hundred holes with arc mask on but I had a customers solid and there were multiple Z levels associated with the same diameter hole. I was unable to distinguish between the different Z's and ended up selecting and editing individual holes which became very time consuming and allowed for human error. If anyone feels a Z Depth Mask Feature would be useful please post you opinion. Perhaps enough responces will create a justification for this option.

Are the holes that are the same diameter going to be drilled even though they are at different depths? If that is the case, why not drill them all and set the final depth to incremental? If the holes are to be drilled at different depths, take a little time to change the color of the arcs at the various depths, and you will be able to select them very easily that way also.

Rick:

I assume you've created the circles to define the holes? If so, when doing your window selection for the entities, go to the front or side view and window around them from there (make sure your C-plane is back at Top before your finish the toolpath). You'll be able to distinguish between the various Z-levels that way.

I think I have a good solution for your problem. try the most excellent Chook from TriTech - Levels - It has a Z Sort

First place all your arcs on one level. Turn off any other levels storing other geometry that you dont want affected by the Z sort

then you can do a Z sort were by it will automatically place all the arcs that are on different z depths on different levels.

Eh Voila turn off any levels not required for Drilling ops. I used to use this for organizing point data back in V5.

Regards Caledonian_Karl