Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Helix entry on surface toolpaths

g huns

I tried using surface-finish-contour on a trode last night, and selected the helix option. Backplot and verify looked good. Ran the path and as it got to about 3/4 of the way down it gouged the sh!t out of my part. Never used this in Ver. 9 so I'm wonderin if it's a post conversion issue or if I should just avoid using it.

Zero is bottom of part. Don't get any errors. I was watching it go and where it picks to do the helix was just not good. Looked like the center point was right on the edge of a wall. It was only swingin a .025 radius and it looks like about a .012 deep gouge. I would think it knows to avoid drive surfaces when it does it's thing. I was using a solid and picked entire body, inside of boundary, absolute depth limits.

hey guys i had the same thing happen on a 2D radial slot. i did standard pocket with helix entry and it gouged my part all the way through.

the gouge didn't show up in backplot or verify.

i also had this happen in circle mill when i picked geometry not point.

machine master g is steamin

Lieing about the tool will work pretty good as long as the distance is not too great, I do it all the time.

The fillets are slightly out..... sometimes you will run into a clearance problem...

I do alot of impression work where preforms need to vary in size and depths from the finished part. Using offset surfs, I can grab some of the surfs and translate them down to obtain corret depths. Nuther reason surfs rulz for what I am doing biggrin.gifcheers.gif

[ 10-03-2005, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Murlin ]