Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Unable to Install SP1 Update 1

PBpaul

First try, computer crashed.

Second try, got "Error 1620. This installation package could not be opened. contact the application vendor to verify is this is a valid Windows Installer Package.

Dll files still says 10.0.14.19

MCXstart file still says 1.2.0.207

Now when I run Mastercam X, I get an Error Report Dialog box (can't copy and paste) with no option but a green check box.

Any suggestions?

Thanks- PBPaul

This might sound strange, but I've seen this kind of thing (windows installer errors) when the My Documents folder is mapped to a network drive. Even with install files on the desktop.

Make sure the file is in the root of c: or a another folder that is NOT managed by windows.

Try it...you might be surprised.

Paul

Thanks Thad and Paul, but it looks like I'm gonna have to remove X and reinstall. I tried the SP1 Update1 again, just for the heck of it, and I got dumped out of Windows all together. The computer restarted and gave me the blue screen with the disk checking and a bunch of truncated files and all that. Once the dust settled, the computer still worked, which is the nice part!

• 3 months later...