Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ahh man! come on

beej

I hate the fact there there are menu options that you need that are grayed out. Right now I'm trying to fill holes of a solid face with a surface and it's trying to pick a back face instead of the front one. (because sometime a while back i used that option) But why won't it let me change it now. Please someone tell me this is being fixed. There's a lot of cool things about X to make me faster but it's offset by silly things like this.

beej,

I think your on to something. It definitely looks like a bug. From the MC help file:

quote:

If there are no Solids in the file, or if the function calling for entities does not support Solids, the Activate solid selection button will be unavailable.

I think its not working properly. Supposedly you would be activating the SOLID SELECTION button if it doesn't toggle automatically when u want to use the CREATE-SURFACE-FILL HOLES WITH SURFACE function. The button must be called up to the toolbar but it is greyed out.

Here is a temporary solution:

The automatic toggle works properly for commands such as SOLID-FILLET. Go here and change the setting back to the way you want and then fill the holes.

Chipmakr,

That's just how it works. Sometimes, you can click the cursor icon next to the selection type, if it's not greyed out. Sometimes it's greyed out, sometimes it isn't.

Others have talked about it here hoping that it would default to the selection type needed. We'll see if it changes.

Thad

quote:

Great topic line.

And from that, how was someone supposed to know what your problem was?

ok, maybe it was a bad topic line. But man it's frustrating how does software get through the beta stage and into production release stage with a bug like that?

Your frustrated, fine.

We all have been at one point in time or another, especially with the changes that have taken place. Remember though, many people will search looking for answers before they post. A concise topic heading might help someone else down the road with a problem that already is known to exist.

cheers.gif