Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SAVING COMMUNICATION SETTINGS

Baker

Baker,

I had this problem when trying to make communication changes in the post processing dialog box. I found that if i used the machine definition manager, selected the control defenition icon, then changed the settings for the control under the comunications tab, that those settings became the default, for that control.

In X there are numerous ways to do just about everything.

hope that helps,

Andrew

I didn't know that about caps. Won't happen again

I triedusing the machine definition manager just like the book said. Tried to set the defalt file. I don't know what else to try. When I setup the comunications settings it will stay the way I set them until the program is turned off. When it is started up again it is set back to the default settings again. If it was just myself using the comunications,It would not be a problem, But everyone that needs a program sent to there machine sends it them selves.

Baker,

X saves information about machine setup inside the .mcx file, so if it differs from the default settings in X, the ones saved in the .mcx file will be used instead. Check to see that the files for your "tool path group" are the same as the files you set in the default configuration.

A bit confusing to me, I hope I explained ok?

check your email.

Andrew