Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Unselecting solid face

tooling

confused.gif

How do you unselect a solid face once it has been selected? I had 150 surfaces selected. After the tool path I decided that some needed to be check surfaces instead. All I can find is unselect all. I used to be able to just click on the face again and it would unselect it. Or if I clicked on it as a check surface it would change it from a drive to a check surface.

do I have to unselect all?

You still can do that way. I do this pretty often myself. But I think you can only unselect the faces if they were picked by the face selection method (not the body selection method). You can also pick them as check faces and it will automatically remove them from the drive faces.

Thanks. I picked the solid body then could not unselect some of the faces. check surfaces still wouldn't work if I picked the solid body. it showed that some were picked but ignored them and kept the same number of drive surfaces.

do we have to pick each face by its self now?