Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mask on arc

Elad

hi again,

I had to do a big part (1700x700x20 mm).

i got a solid model from the customer.

i had to drill about 800 holes.

to "catch" a group of holes i used mask on arc and then i used "window" and i choose the whole part.

the part is 20mm and the holes are thrugh.

i have some pockets on this part,and some of the holes are in the pockets.not all of them are on Z0.

Every hole has 2 arcs (one is Z0. and the second arc is Z-20.)

When i used mask on arc and i choose the whole part,mastercam took the arcs on Z0. to the holes that are on Z0. and it took the arcs on Z-20. to all the holes that are in the pockets (no metter what depth they are,if they are under Z0. the mask on arc catch the arcs on Z-20.)

well.i really hope that you could understand my point.it's a big problem for me.i must "catch" only the arcs that on Z0. becouse i use incremental depths.

What do i do wrong (with mastercam not with my English?!) smile.gif