Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

anyone make custom fonts for haas engraving

I'm talking about not using the G47 and creating your own macro. Its a bit of work up front but a time saver down the road. If you have custom macro on your machine it can be done with macro variables and G65. If you do not have custom macro you will need to use sub prog.call M98. If you make an incremental program in the desired font on a 1 inch scale for ( 0-9 & A-Z), this way you can just position,scale call a series of sub programs to create the desired number or letter.

The best part about it you can create it to work the way you want.

There are many examples of engraving macros on the web.

Hears some links.

http://www.i-logic.com/engraving.htm

http://www.cncci.com/resources/tips/serial%20macro.htm

How can I make a subprogram, but have it use one offset. For example, I have some .125 tall letters I want to engrave .160 apart from each other in the -x. I use G55 and have the part postioned in a certain part on a jaw. What I need to happen is when I post it out I need it to position G55 x (x location for first letter), and Y of 0. Each of the next subs need to be G55x-.160 and a Y of 0 again. I need the incremental program to position itself before the first z depth. Right now when i post a subprogram, with a letter 1 for example it moves the g55 to the first cutting position and then in the sub the first move is the z plunge. I want to be able to post out all of my numbers and have the first move in the subs as the move to position beforee it plunges. I have done this manually and got it to work right. Its really hard to explain, and probably hard to understand what I'm thinking. Any ideas though?