Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

modifying post processors

Bob W.

How would I modify a post processor to send the milling table to a certain location when there is a tool change? The current tool change string looks something like this:

N118 M5

N120 G91 G0 G28 Z0. M9

N122 G28 X0. Y0. A0.

N124 M01

( TOOL - 2 DIA. OFF. - 2 LEN. - 2 DIA. - .75 )

N126 T2 M6

N128 G0 G90 G54 X7.38 Y.075 S3500 M3

Line N122 sends the machine to the home position and I would like to modify that via the post. This is for a Haas VMC and I am not an expert (engineering student) so please go easy on me :-)

Thanks,

Bob

Bob,

Just place a # sign in front of this

quote:

pbld, n$, *sg28ref, "X0.", "Y0.", protretinc, e$

In your pretract section of your post.

I believe that will get it

After you supress that line you should be able to use refernce postions to set a postion on your table.

And ALWAYS back up your post before making any changes to it.

cheers.gif

Wolcott I did this using a high workoffset number. Then in the post I would have it look like this:

code:

peof            #End of file for non-zero tool           

pretract

if lock_codes = 1 & rot_on_x, pbld, n, *sunlock, "(UNLOCK)", e

rotretflg = 1

pbld, n, *sg90, "G154 P99", "X0.", "Y0.", e

rotretflg = 0

if lock_codes = 1 & rot_on_x, pbld, n, *slock, "(LOCK)", e

comment

#Remove pound character to output first tool with staged tools

#if stagetool = one, pbld, n, *first_tool, e

#n, *sg90, e

n, "M30", e

mergesub

clearsub

mergeaux

clearaux

"%", e

Now you can set the machine to any postion you want on the machine verses always havingto change the post or the posted vaule. The G154 p99 change be G59 by itslef if your machine does not have expaned workoffset. That is for a V9 post since you did not say.

For X you will need to add the $ in certain places. This is also a modified MPMASTER post.

Do you want to leave the machine where it is, or send it to a certain position? I am at home now and don't have my posts here but what John said will definitely get rid of the reference return and Ron's idea is a great one if there is a safe toolchange position that you want to travel to for toolchanges. Another option for an occasional move to a safe spot [if you have a really long tool once in awhile] is to use a reference point to move the machine where you want to go.

C