Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x communication problem

Rwhiting

When is CNC Software going to address the communication problem in version X?

There have been three updates since it was released and the problem still

exists. The problem is that you cannot post and send from the operations menu to the machine like in version 9. Yes I realize there are workarounds, but this problem needs to be fixed.

We post and send different programs all day to the same machine (fadal vmc 3015) so its nice to

just post and send with one click like in version

9. I am using mastercam communications with the "send to machine" box checked and it will post but not send the file. I have a communcations button on my tool bar and that is the only way I can send to the machine but I have to post seperatly and then set the parameters every time I start mc because that

window always opens to a default setting.

We are having the same problem. We post out to mastercams editor and communicate and send to our machines that way but, cannot send thru the post processing window with the send to machine checked. I have been banging my head for the last couple of weeks thinking I was all hosed up. Thanks for posting the problem now I will just work around it until it gets fixed.

Thanks everyone

Al

• 2 months later...

quote:

When is CNC Software going to address the communication problem in version X?

Might need to re-phrase that to-

"I am having problems communicating in X..."

I have no problems sending programs exactly like you mention. Do you have communication parameters set in your control def?

quote:

Im not sure what im doing wrong or if its just X but when ever i send a program to a machine its like its all bunched up with out spaces

again the control def.,

in the NC Output page,

spaces and end of block characters. Set it to something other than zero. Make sure you set it on your "disk copy" of the .cd, otherwise you'll always be chasing you tail and re-setting it.