Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Service pack update 3 is available

?Mark

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannon,

is your computer up to date with the latest Windows Installer 3.1? Not sure if that would keep it from installing completely, I'm just throwing out ideas.

Also maybe try disabling any AV or fire wall services, temporarily of course, before downloading and installing the update.

Good luck!

I downloaded the update, and ran it, and at the same time it was installing I closed an email, I then got the error, about the installation being "disturbed" try again, so I did and it seemed to load OK, now X works great BUT VER9 wont work and cannot find the hasp.

My 2 cents say's if I release an update that is about to cause this unnessacery problem ( bearing in mind that I cannot use X because MCART is not able to run on X yet?? I hear december 15)I would DEBUG the UPDATE first ""BEFORE"" I sent it out, I think it sucks bigtime to say in the udate email:

** PLEASE NOTE: Due to an issue with the SP1 installation, you may lose your HASP connection after running this update. Removing your HASP while running this update will make it much less likely this issue will occur. If this happens, download, extract, and run drivers.bat from this location: http://www.mastercam.com/Support/Downloads...s/drivers_x.zip

I did remove the hasp, and yeah great for X but who forgot to tell the UPDATE GENERAL that there are still a bunch of us using 9.

I have fixed this before on SP1, (and will fix it again) but it frankly is tiresome and irrisponsible when the "worlds Number 1" can't get it right in an update.

chris f

Just thought I would update my drama.

I tried to reload the Ver9 Hasp utility to get the "new update" to work, this of course was after going to the MC site and downloading the hasp utility mentioned above and doing what was requested which was to double click the .bat file.

Now nothing works and when I click on Ver9 it tells me I hav'nt paid for maintenance so contact my MC reseller.( yeah right)

Fortunately I have been able to restore my windows complete platform to about an hour ago which took me right back to where I was before I tried to "Update MCX" well the update is definitly not going to get installed as I do not have the time or the patience to fix MC disasters, I am really beginning to wish I had not bought this cadcam program.

A quick message to CNC systems, get the staff responsible for this ongoing fiasco and either get them to pick up their game or fire the losers, there are enough unhappy users of your product in this forum already, and I am sure the opposition are laughing all the way to the bank with the huge amount of new customers they are getting without any effort on their part.

PC with XP-pro, all good. Laptop with XP-home gets internal error 2715, cmax40.dll. Man I hate when you get a 2715, not as bad as a 1628 but still sucks biggrin.gif I really don't know what any of that means, but since we don't have a full time IT guy someone had to say it.

Today I finally got it installed. I didnt use updatemanager but opened it straight from the .exe file and got error: .... could not locate file E:bindatamastercamxmastercam x.msi. So I installed mastercam X cd and ran the update again. It seems to work now. Couldnt get it work in other computer but it has older version of windows installer.

quote:

PC with XP-pro, all good. Laptop with XP-home gets internal error 2715, cmax40.dll. Man I hate when you get a 2715, not as bad as a 1628 but still sucks [big Grin] I really don't know what any of that means, but since we don't have a full time IT guy someone had to say it.

I am having this same problem on multiple XP machines as a user with administrative right, as administrator on the domain and administrator on the local machine. I have tried both the automatic update and the file download. Why can't I just download Service Pack 2 and 3 seperatly?

One thing I notice is when I get the 2715 error the window title is "MasterCAM X Service Pack 1 Error" Why is it trying to install service pack 1 when all my machines already have service pack one? Shouldn't the install notice that I have Service Pack 1 installed already?

And another thing, can we have these updates in msi format so we can push them down through group policies to machines that aren't allowed internet access? Walking around to 20 or 30 machines updating them all is a pain in the buttocks!

-Craig

I was unaware that this is just Service Release 2 and 3 for Service Pack 1. Please ignore the second paragraph in my post above. I am still unable to get the update to work.

Error 1:

Internal Error 2715: cmax40.dll

Error 2:

Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation.

Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information.

Odd thing is I have no problems with any other MSI installed packages.

-CM