Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

screwy sketching

loraxian

I'm getting my feet wet with version X.

I've drawn a vertical line from the origin straight up 1.03 inches.

Now I'm trying to place a diagonal line from the end point of the first to a position (with respect to the origin) of X.52 and Y1.65. regardless of how I enter those coordinates when I press enter it draws a diagonal line that terminates at position X.57219 and Y1.60548. I can go into analyze entity and alter the endpoint successfully but I can't get it right the first time. banghead.gif

I'm pretty well loosing my mind. Can anybody help?

If Ron's suggestion doe not work, you could try drawing a point at the x.52 y1.65 position and then drawing your line from endpoint to point.

You could also create your line with the starting endpoint at x.53 y1.65 and use the 1st line endpoint as the second point.

quote:

Are you running a 160 Pentium I ?

No, it's a souped up 386 wink.gif

It's a Dell Precision(laptop) P4 200Ghtz. It really is strange though. I've discovered the problem with some other coordinate entry senarios.

You enter the coordinates and then analyze entity properties or position the cursor over the endpoint and you find out that the line has been placed somewhere else??

So far, our other machines running X have not had the problem.

loraxian,

quote:

So far, our other machines running X have not had the problem.

That's a good indication that there's a hardware issue rather than a software one. Is Mcam X all updated on the other seats? What about AutoCursor settings/configuration? Are they the same for all the seats of Mcam? Are you following the exact same steps to produce the geometry correctly on the other computers? If all these questions were answered "yes" than you should look at what's different with the hardware setup between the systems that work and the one you have the problem with. HTH cheers.gif