Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mc running in Server

cadcam

Yep, believe or not.

I installed my other seat on the server to view drawings once in a while.

Well every time I start it, well it starts up all the way till the icons are to load and it just shuts down.

No error or notice just BOOM nothing.

I have installed it on the main drive a separate drive.

I had Draft in there before and the same thing.

It must have to do with some of the services I am running.

Help tongue.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'd be willing to bet that you have the Graphics Acceleration set too high or your Video Card is conflicting. I had that problem with one of my boxes at school. Turned down the graphics, and voila, stable as can be.

JM2C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Scott and Clan made it out to my track for racing last night. SHerri met Angel for the first time. It was nice. It took them forever to get down here though. Im my moto, we had 4 riders. Myself, a 25 Intermediate, an 18 Intermediate, and a 14 Intermediate. They were taking 1-1-1, meaning the person that got first place in the first, second or third round would get to go to the main. Well I ended up racing in the third and last round with the 14 Intermediate. Well it was balls out racing! He was in lane 5 or 6 and I was in 2 or 3. We were running neck and neck down the first straightaway, then he started moving over on me getting vlose, I had room to move over so I did, he just kept coming over finally I was almost in the cones so I said to myself, "I'm holding this line no matter what", well he kept coming , Scott said the kid was sitting on my seat. eek.gifeek.gif Anyway, I heard the tires buzzing from contact and his bars got tangled in something. The whole thing is kind of a blurr, and bam, he went down. Helluva way to make it to the main. He just got too close. I thin he was actually trying to pedal while he was tangled up, that's why he went down. When I have got tangled up like that before, we all just stopped pedaling and coasted til we were far enough apart to keep on dicing. He was young so he probably sketched out, but he was an Intermediate though so he's won at least a few races. Hmmm. Ooops looks like I hijacked your topic. biggrin.gif

Well I update the drivers and I am up to full again and works better.

Dame some times I forget what I preach.

So you rocked on the track I see.

Keep it up and next time gets some Pics.

You have met my sister before right?

And what this was more info then you wanted.

On the phone you ask me question all the time. J/K

All right I have been on the car audio forum all night I have to go to bed.

MC and server problems? In my environment, 50 seats... a few hundred students... trouble! First, our computers are "locked down" so that students can only save to a specific net drive, the "N" drive. This can create problems for many programs! In the case of MC, the box is set up to load MC from the local hard drive and get the hasp from the net drive, if a student tries to log in to the net and then run MC it will crash.... cannot find hasp. The student has to run nethap, reset it to network, then start MC...sometimes this has to be repeated to get MC up and running. For some reason MC and Aladin(the hasp folks) tie the hasp settings to the log-in rather than to the box.... so each student has to log-in to each computer and do the net hasp thing on each machine to solve this problem.......... a couple of hundred students and an equal or greater number of computers.... and well you can see the problem! I need MC and Aladin to "see" that the computer is setup for net hasp.......... period.. I don't want students to have to go through the hasp setup routine to be able to begin their Mastercam session. Any help?

Have run either SIMTYPE.EXE or NHASP80.EXE yet?

quote:

For some reason MC and Aladin(the hasp folks) tie the hasp settings to the log-in rather than to the box

I'm not sure about this. The NetHASP uses an INI file to determine the IP of the server, protocol used, etc... This INI is in Mastercam's root directory and shouldn't change per user.

That's what I thought......... seems like each student has to log into each machine and run nethasp.... for me that is 40,000 log-ins to get things right! I would like nethasp to stay with the machine.... ie, once I have set up the machine as a nethasp machine, anyone one that logs-in and starts MC is using the nethasp. Currently, each log-in must run through the hasp setup and tell MC that it is a "nethasp session"...... I want all sessions to be "nethasp session" period! If the log-in is valid.... on the system, then MC should know it has a nethasp... load, and run with the nethasp.

(RE-EDITED)

This sounds like a Network Administrative rights issue.

The type of SIM (Nethasp in this case) gets written into the Windows Registry.

It looks like each time the system is shut off, original registry items are brought up and the current configuration is deleted. Each time you launch the NHasp80.exe and switch the type of SIM to N, this is written into the

"HKEY_CURENT_USERSoftwareCNC Software, Inc.Sim Type" variable. (It says "H" for HASP and "N" for Nethasp)

Contact your network administrator at school and mention that you need a permanent change to the Windows registry of each system as mentioned above to show the SIM TYPE to N.

This should solve the problem.

Regards

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Consultant ]

Sorry jay etal.......... back to "this" topic. Yep, I have admin rights on the system, yep... I set up each computer as a nethasp computer using the nethasp utility included with mastercam. Problem... since each student can have preferences......... maybe... ugh, maybe windows looks to their file, not "the machine" file for defaults, doesn't doesn't recognize that this is a nethasp machine and resets global defaults......... so how do I make windows (NT) set or see that the hasp has been set to nethasp and still allow students to have preferences??? Catch 22.... Running a batch in the background doesn't seem like a good idea 'cause nethasp wants some input when you run it.... I need someway to set the hasp at the system level as nethasp and have the ability to change a few machine to local hasp as needed. Now it seems to be the other way around, MC looks locally first and formost. I want it to look to the net for the hasp first and have the ability to redirect a few machines to local. Just wondering... does this make any sense?

This is back to your settings again. Mastercam NETHASP will not set the system back to Local HASP when you shut the machine down.

Registry control is usually done on the system level.

So, if you set your SIM to NETHASP with administrative rights, you should be fine. The next time you reboot the system and the system shows up with NETHASP, you are fine. If it doesnt, the system is always loading a new registry and deleting all the temp files (as they need to for the Internet temp files in a network environment), then you have to talk to your network administrator.

The key is setting up your system and not losing the registry info. Then, if you want to set to a local HASP, you control it.

Mastercam install has nothing to do with the system behavior - which is more related to system administration.

Hope this makes sense.

Good luck...