Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Video stuff again.

JAMMAN

Sad as it may seem, one of my elsa erazor x cards took a dump and by budget constraints I was forced to blow the dust off of a S3 Savage4 32meg agp and put it in a workstation. It will be weeks before I can get a new card. The latest driver I could find was from S3- v 5.12.1.8011 dated 8/10/2000. Does anyone know of a driver that makes this closer to a Master camming card? The stock win2k driver was wierd and the new one is faster but equally as wierd. Thanks-

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

S3= mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

There's an Open GL bug in the hardware last time I checked. You may get better results with an updated driver but........ only time will tell. I'f you're looking for a stable card with good performance at a reasonable price to tide you over until you can replace the Elsa, take a look at the Matrox G-450 32MB card. They can be had for under $100 in some cases.

JM2C

Thank you Webmaster, but that's where I got the above mentioned driver. I might have to add a few more red faces to James's post to describe my fury. I have a Sis 6326 8meg pci I swear works a little better and I might end up using that. It's slower but things don't dis-appear for no reason. The paint is allready wearing off the F3 key. I have two of the S3's and one Sis, together they cost me less than 70.00 on E-bay. Anybody out there upgrading from a matrox G450 that takes paypal?

Does Webmaster have a name? biggrin.gif

The absolute BEST Mastercam card (compatability not speed) would be a 4 Mb Trident PCI card. biggrin.giffrown.gifwink.gif

This card has exactly the OpenGL standard that MC was written for.

5 of my 8 classroom computers have this in them still (P-Pro 200's - old and slow, but basically bullet-proof).

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: gstephens ]

quote:

The absolute BEST Mastercam card (compatability not speed) would be a 4 Mb Trident PCI card.

Time to step in the wayback machine for that one biggrin.gif But yes, it would probably be a very compatible card.

Jamman, S3 doesn't exist anymore since they've been part of Sonic Blue. So those drivers you have are probably the latest and the last frown.gif

quote:

Does Webmaster have a name?

Of course. His first name is Web and his surname is Master. The Master family wanted him to grow up and get a good job on the Internet. I guess he's lived up to his name biggrin.gif

Funny you should mention a p200, gstephens; my 4 year old son has one upstairs he plays "dino defender" on and it has been on since the middle of July with no crashes. It's not only bullet proof; it's child proof!

P200MMX

Diamond stealth 3d with 2 (count them) 2 megs memory

soundblaster 16

win98se

20 gig ibm deskstar that shows as 7.82 gig.