Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tool bars won't stay put

beej

From time to time my toolbars are realligning themselves by putting each individual toolbar on it's own line. Making my graphics window a fraction of it's normal size. I've never seen it happen. But if I leave it open at night and come in, in the morning it's like that. There's one guy here at night that get's on my computer but he doesn't know why it's happening either or what he'd be doing to cause it.

the closest thing I can do to duplicate it is to hit the button next to the red X. that chanes them to some degree but not as drastically as what I'm getting. Anybody know the cause and is there a way to lock them down to keep from moving?

Something similar happens to me when I hit the "restore down" button and then hit the "maximize" button. (The button I'm talking about is between the "minimize" and "close" buttons at the top right corner of the Mastercam window.)

So what I'm saying is that maybe some is hitting that button when your not around.

That's what I was thinking too. But the night guy swear he's not hittin that button. and this person is pretty reliable. but even then when I hit that button it doesn't put every single toolbar on it's own line. it just rearranges the ones that are too long. (which BTW I think this issue should be fixed, no other windows based application does this) but I still think there is something else going on

It happens to me quite often, when i am running a toolpath that is maxing out my processer and I minimize the window and then try to bring it back up, it usually won't come back up until it's done processing.

Quick fix I saved my toolbar configuration as a seperate toolbar state, and when this happens I just reload my toolbar state. Quick and easy.

I'll bet that's it!! I leave my computer processing or verifying a lot at night and My computer is starting to get a little dated. I know I'm maxing it out lot's of times.

I have been recalling my toolbar state too. that does work well. thanks.

And welcome Span it's nice to see new members jump right in there and lend support. thanks cheers.gif