Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MR1 backplotting issues

Thad

Thad

I'm not having any of the problems you are experiencing. All works fine. No need to click on screen when using S key to step. I'm using NVIDIA Geforce FX5700 Ultra card

cheers.gif

Johnny

quote:

Has anyone else experienced any of the following issues?

1. The S key doesn't funtion properly. After selecting the backplot icon, I click in the graphics window, then the S key. It will only go about one step. I then need to click in the grahics window again to continue to use the S key to step it through. If I select rewind when it's done backplotting, then the S key will work the whole way through.

2. If I select the Play button, when the toolpath is finished, the tool goes to Z0, which is mostly the bottom of my part. It looks like I'll crash the tool into the part. The posted code is OK though. If I drag the slider to the end of the toolpath, the tool ends up at the clearance plane, like it should. I always use "show rapid moves."

3. When using either plain or fluted tool display, the backplotted line is thicker than it used to be. Zooming in or out when backplot is complete puts it back to "normal" thickness.

4. When using either plain or fluted tool display, when the toolpath is done, the tool wireframe gets thicker for about a second, then goes back to normal. When using a shaded tool, the toolpath is the "proper" thinkness and of course because of the shading, it doesn't affect the appearance of the tool.

I just updated the graphics drivers and have tried various changes to OpenGL and hardware acceleration settings. There was no difference in the display.

I'm not sure if the graphics issues are PC specific. Any ideas on something else to check? The thicker lines during backplot are a minor annoyance. I was just wondering if I was alone on this. I sent this to QC as well.

Thad