Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe home position

tlarue

For my Okumas I have the home position set to X550.Z250. You can set Vari limits on the machine controller for the Home position. Even though you have a move of X550. Z250. for tool change position the Vari Limit can be set to where ever you want the position to be.

HTH

Hi David,

I have asked the exact same Q a couple of posts back. problem i was having was cutting a part with od bigger than machine x home. When you finish cut in -z dir and send machine home the tool wants to take a shortcut through the part.

If MC knew where home(g28u0.w0.) was it would predict the crash.Possibly calling G28W0. G28u0.

Thanx

P

No, backplot does not show crash. It assumes home to be "system default" x250x250 and thus predicts movement away from part.

Changed the home pos in the Ops manager > paramters for that tool to x150 z250 and it then writes clearance move (G0z1.25) before sending machine home.

Problem with that is you have to set it manualy for every operation, or you have to predict problem situations and only specify home for them. Danger is you might overlook it!

I suppose the best solution would be to set the "system default" and it would then be automatically entered for all ops.

Anyone know how to do that??

The controll i'm using is a Fanuc 10T (1985)

Must duck soon, i have class in the morning and it was a rough weekend! cheers.gifbonk.gif (my head this morning)

When you create your toolpath you can create a point that is clear of the sart of your job.

In the toolpath geom select the point, the chain, then the point again. What this will do is force the tool to goto your point, turn your profile, then go back to your point before going home.

Or select the chain and then the point. This will from home (tool change) turn profile goto the clearance point then home.

HTH

Managed to set the machine default home position (lathe9.1)

screen> configure> ncsettings> home pos

I do not trust that this would predict a crash either. for the machine i am trying to program the home pos for tool 2 (roughing tool) is x197.64 and z236.80

As far as i can see the program should avoid crashing for all similar tools, but it still have no idea of how to steer a long drill to go home.

This might not be the best example, but you see why it's bugging me??

How do the guys that run 30 machines and do not get to the shop floor and know the amchines intimately do it without checking by hand for these things?