Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MRU bar

Mgrenier

Hello all,

Since Updating to MR1, I can't get mastercam to give me 20 items in the MRU bar. I tried changing it in: Settings -> Configuration -> Screen but it doesn't work. Anybody else have this problem? If so, what can I do to fix it?

Have a nice day,

try this, when you have Settings -> Configuration -> Screen and Settings -> Configuration -> file both set to 20, go back into Settings -> Configuration -> Screen uncheck the Enable MRU box and hit the apply button, then close that window, go back into Settings -> Configuration -> Screen and check Enable MRU again and apply and close the window and see if that works.

When you unchecked Enable MRU Toolbar, hit apply (+ in blue box), then hit OK (green check), reopened Settings->configuration->file, did your number of MRU buttons default back to 10? If it did, be sure to change it to 20, hit apply and then OK again.

I just updated my laptop to MR1 and changed my MRU from 10 to 20 and everything worked fine.

Works here for me - all I have to do is change the number in SettingsConfigScreen and the MRU grows from 10 to 20. Note that it won't automatically show anything for 11-20 yet - it's only been remembering 10. As you go into more functions, you should see the list grow.

------

"So why is this setting in two locations? That could be a bit confusing."

------

They're 2 different things - the one in Settings/Config/Files controls how many most-recently-used filenames appear in the bottom of the "File" dropdown.