Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

solid from surfaces MR1

Xmishu

I tried it in MR1 with an igs file. All surfaces disappeared when I tried to make solid from surfaces.

On SP1, I created the solid model I used to make this tool with the same igs model I tried today. That was 6 weeks or so ago.

So I guess there is a problem.

lynnz

The stitching of surfaces into solids does indeed look as if, for some cases, it's taken a step backwards in MR1/SP2. It has to do with the order in which we're checking and cleaning the solid once it's made.

Anyone else with test parts, please send them to me so that we can be sure to fix this.

More to come later...

To both of you...thanks for the IGS files!

I have a fix for XMisu's problem - it'll be in MR2, but with LynnZ's file, I'm stumped.

When I read it into SP1 I got nothing (just like in MR1) so it's a different problem. If I walk through the stitching in the debugger, I see that it's making a solid with a 'corrupt body'. We now delete those if we can't heal them, which is why the part disappears. I can't tell yet if the corruption is our fault or Parasolid's, so I'll keep looking at it.