Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wow, lost more time from MCX-MR1 thanks

67 Yankee

quote:

I know that you can send one program that contains more then one program # like a haas and it will break them up to diffrent ops.

This is my quote from my last poting saying that I know a Haas will let you do waht you stated a single program that actully contains multy in separated by the program #.

But how to get MC to output it with out having to do the editing is what I am trying.

I can not find a way at this time.

quote:

This is my quote from my last poting saying that I know a Haas will let you do waht you stated a single program that actully contains multy in separated by the program #.

But how to get MC to output it with out having to do the editing is what I am trying.

I can not find a way at this time.

My bad if I disagreed with you. I'm with you 100% on that point. I'm copying and pasting the programs and manually deleting the unwanted start/stop codes.

quote:

I am curious, how did you get the blue background in your operations manager?

That's from X+ for version MR1/SP2 I'm currently not using that utility just in case

quote:

Thte 2 files in the GL.zip have to be copied into your MCamX directorie, and just overwrite the 2 old ones. Then all should be good with Radeon.

Sounds simple enough. Thanks!!

Hehehe Steve,

Yeah one minute sounds kind of extreme. With that short interval, I would think that if you botched your file somehow then you would almost certainly have a useless copy as a backup. At least that's what happened to mine. If MC had actually crashed instead of going insane, I would have loaded the autosave file and not given it a second thought.

I've just been working on 2 sample files that have operation types that have changed, but I don't know how. Right now, the most I can figure is that it's happening on a file/save, but there's no evidence of any recent code changes that would have that effect. The NCI data comes in with drilling operation codes, but the operation says 'contour'. eek.gifconfused.gif

Are you guys using any chooks of any kind?

What I need is "before and after files" to have any good chance of tracking this down on our end (if it's not 3rd party chook related). A previous version that reads in okay, and a current screwed up version so I can compare the two and play around with.

FYI: Also, a 'backup files' option is in the works where you specify a max number of backup files to be retained whenever you file your part either manually or during an auto-save. If you save your part "Test.mcx", then any existing files of the same name in the same directory will have an incremented version number appended to the file name. The result would be "Test-1.mcx", "Test-2.mcx", etc. up to the max you specify. The next time you filed "Test-9.mcx" would be incremented and renamed to "Test-10.mcx" and any existing "Test-10.mcx" would be deleted (if your max backup files was set to a value of 10).

Someone please send QC some before and after files if you have them and place it to my attention.

Thanks.

Thanks Ray, the incremental save sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately, I have no "before" file to upload. I had Xplus loaded, but I was not using any C-hooks. Or if Xplus is a C-hook, then it was the only one I had running. I removed and reinstalled MR1 a few times since the damage was done, and have not been able to repeat the file scrambling. However, I still get multiple (complete) postings from some groups with MR1 but not with SP1. I believe the multiple postings are exact duplicates since I renumbered the NC code for each file and came up with exactly the same line numbers at the end of the files that posted double.

As an experiment, I copied my groups 1 and 2 to create groups 3 and 4, then renamed and renumbered each group so each NC file would be unique. When I posted all 4 groups, they posted out correctly. When I posted groups 1,2 and 3, group one posted once, but groups 2 and 3 posted twice each. When I posted groups 1 and 2 only, group one posted once and group two posted twice. Hopefully that info might be useful to someone.