Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Resellers job?

Trapper Paul

What is a resellers job?

Are they to provide service? And what does that entitle me to?

Are they suppose to write me a new post for X?

Are they to train me with X?

Anxiuos for everyone to jump on board this one!

One more question for Mastercam owners...(CNC Software, inc.) Are you going to support (in the form of updates) version 9 anymore?

Feeling very lost with X, CarrioPaul

IMO,

They are the retailers of the software. They are the direct contact with your questions and or problems.

Everything else you mention the answer is yes, for a cost. Speaking of my reseller only, they are there for whatever questions I have for them but we are on maintenance and a TSA agreement.

Will they build me a post for free? I don't think so. Will they help with mine if I can not figure something out? Yes, they already have.

Will some resellers toos somethings in to get people on board, I would think yes, to a point.

Companies are ultimatle responsible for providing training and support for their employees. If that means sending someone out for training that is on the company, not the reseller. The reseller is there but he has to earn a living too.

The tone of your questions leads me to believe you are expecting everything to be handed to you on a silver platter by your reseller.

AFAIK, there will be NO MORE support(releases) of V9.

As the saying goes: you do not get what you deserve, but you do get what you negotiate for.

Maybe if you ask your reseller exactly how far he is prepared to go before you put your money on the table he might be more inclined to throw in someting extra. At the very least you can hold him to his sales talk afterwards.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Resellers are almost like car dealerships. Some are 5 star and some are not. When you have trouble with your Ford biggrin.giftongue.gif :jab: you don't take it to Detroit, you take it to your Ford Dealer right? Same goes with Mastercam. CNC does maintain a Tech Support Dept. though and they don't mind hearing from customes but they generally strongly encourage people to seek out their local reseller for logistical and (probably) contractual reasons, but I've never heard of them discouraging contact from end users (us).

Posts... weather you get these for free or not depends on too many factors to list. Training, this is something best negotiated BEFORE the purchase. While I was a reseller, I would give someone a day of onsite training to setup their system and on occasion tweek some posts, but there again every reseller is different and you'll need to negotiate these thypes of things.

In your area you probably have 2 resellers to choose from. I know 1 personally, Mark Casell(sp?) @ Triad. He is TOP NOTCH. I don't know the other reseller so I cannot speak about them.

JM2C

I will give our reseller Cad/Cam Solutions 5 stars. cheers.gif

They have helped me out more times than I can count. Sometimes it is just operator error. They have our posts working great. The support that I have received from them has been excellent. They offered a free X roll out class, but I was not able to go.

THANKS Cad/Cam Solutions. smile.gif