Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What's on your right mouse button.

bestguest

Just was wondering what everyone has on their right mouse button.Here is a link to mine:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/supe.../RightMouse.jpg

I really like being able to customize almost everything in X.If you look at the top Icon on mine you'll see I can right click and toggle quickly to a larger viewport.The more I use X the more I like it.I Had to go back to V9.1 yesterday to help a co-worker and I had to think twice before I realized that I needed to jump back to the menus for almost everything.I think this means I am really starting to get the work flow intent in X.

Matt

quote:

I'd like to eliminate the RMB menu in X completly and program it as the "Enter" key, just like I do in Cadkey. I couldn't find a way to do it, but I admit not spending much time looking. Is it even possible?

A nutty thought IMO but it's mostly doable, yes.

It would 2 clicks instead of just one, I don't think you could do just a single click.

Hell, I live by my RMB, if didn't have it I'd be taking, I hate to think how much time.

quote:

A nutty thought IMO

Different strokes, different folks. :-) And I prefer key strokes over mouse clicks, therefore I passionatly hate the new MCX interface. It is highly customizeable though, so I'll eventually get it configured in a way that pleases me.

quote:

It would 2 clicks instead of just one, I don't think you could do just a single click.

A double click is better than nothing. Thanks.

Bob,

If you have a configurable mouse with the proper drivers installed you can program your mouse buttons to do just about any thing you want them too.

We just bought new Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 4.0 mice for each of our MCam workstations ($40 each) and they are easily programmable in the driver page. Plus the NEW autoscroll wheel on these mice FLY when you zoom in or out.

I "key-mapped" the "end-selection" in MCX to be my left large button and "enter" to my left small button, works great.

We are supposed to get a couple of "space-pilots" to "try before you buy" next week.

Anybody out there using these? Do you like?

quote:

I'd like to eliminate the RMB menu in X completly and program it as the "Enter" key, just like I do in Cadkey. I couldn't find a way to do it, but I admit not spending much time looking. Is it even possible?

If your keyboard has a button w/ a menu & pointer icon you can use that instead of right clicking your mouse. It will only bring up the RMB menu that comes when you click in the graphics area tho not in the op manager or for toolbars.