Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

open solidworks file with conffiguration...

speedtool

I have some problems to open a solidworks part with configurations in. I open the files and the configuration are not available. what i have to do is save the files in solidworks again. i dont do anything than just save it. than i can open it in Mastercam x mr1. is it a bug in solidworks or mastercam x mr1???

Oscar.

I've had a customer with similar problems. They may have 10 configurations in a solidworks file and a few will be missing when they bring it into Mastercam. After some research by CNC it appears that the problem is that the configurations that don't show up are because there's no parasolid data saved in those configurations. This particular problem appears to be on the SolidWorks side. Not sure if there's any resolution yet on Solidworks' end but I know CNC has contacted them about it. Maybe someone from CNC can provide more information on this.

What Jeremy has posted is correct. Here's the reply I got from SolidWorks when questioning their API Tech Support people about this problem. I had sent them 2 versions of a .SLDPRT, the original one I had received from a customer (in which all the CONFIGs would not come in) and one which was the result of opening that file in SW and simply re-saving it.

"If the user visits each of the configurations and ensures that the features are rebuilt, then the bodies should be in order. This is one of making a change in a given configuration and saving without visiting the other configurations. The other configurations were in a state that were not quite fully rebuilt.

In your saved version, you visited each of the configurations, thus making sure that they all had up-to-date configurations. This gives you a model that is fully set for your application."

So it is a matter on their side, though it mightn be a bit hard to explain that to whoever's providing SLDPRTs to you.