Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CAN'T GET THESE DAMN RADS TO BLEND

Sem001

I am havin trouble getting three rads to blend together and then flatten out and since you guys were such great help last time I had a problem figured I'd give the old well another try. Here is what I'm tryin to do hopefully you can understand what I'm tryin to say. Three rad sizes I'm tryin to blend are .1875", .045", and .01. The .01 rad runs parallel to the y axis and the .045 runs 15 degrees along the x axis and the .1875 runs 15 degrees along the z axis. The .045 rad meets up with the .1875 rad at the north quadrant of the .1875 rotates to a flat wall on the west quadrant where the .01rad also meets at the west quadrant where at this point .045 and .01 rads must be blended and flat to a flat wall to form an edge of a pocket. This is very visible on my moulding surface and needs to be as close as possible. So my question is which type of surface should I try to create to get this effect I can't use swept because I need atleast 2 along and 2 across for the three rads and flat wall only other guess I have is coons chaining and just wondering if that is the proper type of surface I need for this patch how do I go about creating my grid or maybe is there possibly a c-hook I can use to help me out our should I practice using a file cause that's the only way to get the shape I need??????

Any help ya can come up with would be deeply appreciated

OK Mat

The file was sent back to your email. I used the .045 radious and the .010 radious from your posting. If you could leave your surfs a little longer than they need to be when makeing fillets on a surface, they will work better.This has always been a pain in surfaces.

---my.02 Solids eliminates this problem.--