Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drill Point Manager

Mark Graham

Mark,

I haven't locked it up like that yet, because I always click OK.

I hate to tell you bud, but it looks like you're causing your own problem. When you ignore the dialog box, you haven't finished that 'function.' Now you start another one and MC freaks. frown.gif

Thad

MOLDY,

I created 3 points as roger did then I created 4 different drill cycles,w/sorting off I selected them using entities method.Each path I selected them in a different order.All 4 paths plotted out in the exact same order - point 1,2,3 the same order I created them.It does not work for me.

I've been doing some tests too. if I use the point method they are drill in the order that I picked them if I use entity method (which is the only method we use here) it sorts them by their creation order just as Mark G said.

This is something I'd really like to have fixed if at all possible.

Mark , I created 6 points. Then I used the entities method of selecting them. Sure enough it selected them in the order of creation. Then I clicked on the Geometry line in the operation area. A box opened up; I then right clicked in this box, selected sort ( any way I chose) and immediatly the numbered points are rearrainged before I even regenerate. The program works fine for me.

Let me know if this helps!

Later Bud........Moldy

Moldy,

I've used sort that way quite a bit.But the thing is time is money.I miss the ability to set my drilling order as I select the points & I'm done.with sort it takes 6 steps to go back and re-establish the drilling order I've already set.I agree sort is a great option but its not the answer to all.some times you just can't quite get the path you need w/out some extra work in DPM.

Thanks Mark

quote:

p.s. who do you work for?

Menne Tool & Die in Moscow Mills, MO

The point method is just the cursor option at the top of the DPM. When you pick the center of the arc instead of the arc itself there is no predetermined labeling on it so it drills them in the order they were selected.

beej

Bingo,I had not tried that.I got in the habit of using the entities button because it seemed to be quicker at picking the arcs I wanted instead of trying to pick the actual center.the whole selection process is lacking since someone stole my hot keys (C,O,I,etc.).anyway thanks I'll try that.It seems to work better for me.

By the way I live about a mile north of Flint Hill Mo.-pretty close

Mark