Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Analyze Position - How To?

RobP

I've just moved into MCX MR1 for Wire and I'm a little frustrated to say the least, about not being able to use my left hand (at the keyboard) to move through menu's or switch between say, point, endpoint, center, etc. Being told I can basically cut off my left hand because I'll never need it in Mastercam, ever again (at the keyboard atleast) is sort of dumb.

Anyhow, my question is, if I am using Analyze Position, and I need to check a series of endpoints, is there anyway to make the function be stuck to 'endpoints'. Before I could simply tap "E" on the keyboard and click through all my circles/lines, but now it seems the only way to do this is to continuously go back up to the corresponding button and clicking on it first before going back to the next arc. I guess I'm wondering if there's an option to make it modal (is that the correct term?) You already have a function like this when creating circles where the value box turns red (although I think it should default to this mode personally.)

Not sure if anyone else had asked but, can we atleast have this simple function back, associating the first letter of the word with it's selection, so E=Endpoint, C=Center, etc.

And one other questions regarding selection. I see that after a move we still have the moved entities turning purple since they are now considered a 'result'. I'm wondering if there is anyway to select this result the way we could in all previous versions of MC. Before it was just a simple tap of the 'R' key. I'm not sure where it is now, I'm hoping I don't have to dig through drop downs.