Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rotary axis substitution problem

Bruce Caulley

Morning all,

I am trying to engrave some text around a disc on a deckel maho DMU50e 5 axis and I get the following.

WARNING-POST ROTARY AXIS ASSIGNMENT ('rot on x') OVERWRITTEN BY OPERATION

WARNING-ROTARY AXIS SUBSTITUTION PATHS NOT VALID FOR MACHINE-POST WILL EXIT

Since I am technically rotating about the Z axis I am thinking that the 5 axis post just won't do it and I need to have the operator rotate to B90 and set the datum as a 4 axis machine with the c axis rotating about Y. I could then just use a standard post without the dynamic compensation.

Thoughts???

Bruce

Just have you C-plane wrong is all. Try making use a different c-plane and that should take care of it. If it is possible in a 4th axis a 5 axis post wil have no problem doing it aslong as you stay within the limits of the travel in how you have is postioned in realtion to the travel of your 4th axis if it is the one with the most amount of travel. Take a head to head machine if the A axis has the ability to travel 360 then you want the plane of the disc along that axis where as a trunnion machine if C axis is the axis that travels 360 then you want the plane of the disc alinged along the C axis in realtion to the machine and how ever the machine is set-up.

HTH