Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Kitamura

machtek

"I have a finely tuned post for Kitamuras. It's going to cost tome coin though. Probing, Macros, Tool Breakage Detection, AI-NANO, Chip Conveyor, High Pressure Coolant, and a bunch of other features."

All the forum BS aside you have any clue of the value of a post like that. I have no clue what he is asking for it but to those of us that use MCX as a tool not a way of life a tweaked, support post can mean the differnts between going home every night with a ton of stress or going home with a smile on your face. Oh yea and the machine runs more so your boss is happy to but who really cares about that smile.gif

Hey James Mayette, I didn't receive your e-mail on the post. I don't have a problem with paying for a post. I don't even need a finished post, someone even suggested that I ask for an example of code for the Kit. That would be fine, I can modify the post. The machine has some funny requirements that I have mostly discovered through trial and error, mostly error. I don't recall ever asking for a free finished-polished product. I understand the terratorialism of programming professionals. Mostly I have discovered that security in your skills (or talents) breeds kindness. That may or may not apply here but I am suspicious with the kind of remarks I have received from my request. Again I didn't ask for something for free but many assumed I was a hacker. I do however appreciate those of you who are confident and articulate.

Hi DC Gorn, Yes I understand the cost and importance of a finely tuned post but I don't know the difference between tool-lifestyle comment. The Kit I am trying to program is an older machine, no probe and don't know how I would access the tool-breakage issue. It uses an Omron CPU about the size of a box of kleenex and won't complete a 360 deg arc without stopping half way through to think about what its doing. So I don't know if I could use all the neat stuff you have written.

You might want to look at using the highspeed opition in Mastercam for that machine being it is that slow. I would problay go to a DNC if any program is going to be really big using this from Mastercam as the program gets real big with all the different feed rates to use the machine more eefectively. I would say if the machine is that old trial and error is problay going to be your best bet.

Good luck

FYI I was talking about James Meyette post. I was just trying to turn the thread from a flame fest to something useful. I have watch James help people for years on this boards. If a post can be made to do what you want James can do it. With combination of this forum and James post you could ask almost any question here MasterCam/Post/machining and pick which way you want to fix a problem.

Just my 2 cents

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Hey James Mayette, I didn't receive your e-mail on the post...

It's MEyette but that's besides the point. biggrin.gif

quote:

...I have a finely tuned post for Kitamuras. It's going to cost tome coin though. Probing, Macros, Tool Breakage Detection, AI-NANO, Chip Conveyor, High Pressure Coolant, and a bunch of other features. I have about 80 hours into it. If you're interested send me an e-mail and we'll talk...

Guess you didn't see that either huh? headscratch.gif