Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post for Dialog 11

kwolf

Hi,

I'm having problems using mastercam's generic post MPDIA11B.PST for deckel dialog 11 (old machines).

Does anyone have a working post for this machine?

In some cases when post processing an operation having arc movements, the distance between center to 2 endpoints are not equal and cause an error when machining.This difference does not exceed more than 1E-5 mm.I tried to increase number of digits (with fmt command) to 5 decimal places but the problem still occurs.It seems this problem more likely occurs when downloading v8.21 of dll files.

Is there any option in mastercam itself or post processor files to be changed (atol ltol ..)?

Or better does anyone have a working post for this machine?

I'm tired of editing the post.

Thanks

This may be an error coming from MasterCam. If you know how to read the .nci then check and see if you are getting the same values there. This means it's not your post. I suspect this because the post should just be passing those numbers through.

I had this happen once on a FADAL. It was because the "filter" to output arcs from surfacing was doing exactly what you describe. Unfortunatley I wasn't so lucky as to get an error, and the machine freaked and scrapped a very expensive mold. mad.gif We got around the problem by changing the post to output radius format "R" on the G02/G03 lines instead of using "I,J". This allows the machine to calculate the arc center location. It's a very simple change in the post.

If you don't have the option in your control, then you could try opening up the arc tolerance in the machine parameters.

Finally, I could write a routine in your post to check for the error and correct it in the output. Drop me a line if you want a quote on this option.

cool.gif