Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rest Mill

gmenzies

could someone explainhow to get this to work. the help files are vague. it appears that only rough and finish contour have a option for this,

but the help picture gives the impresion that rest mill works in alot of other tool paths.

if I use a 1/2" cutter to rough out a cavity. then want to go in and clean out some slots that are 1/4 " wide with a 3/16 cutter.

I suppose I can isolate the area with a boundary

but would like to take advantage of all the tools at my disposal. without having to isolate

also there appears to be no explanation on stl machining and advantages . what I found is it's more of a rough check surface option.

too bad mastercam does not come out with the old referance type manuals that cover all aspects of the software.

thanks Gord smile.gif

quote:

too bad mastercam does not come out with the old referance type manuals that cover all aspects of the software.

Search for a shareware program called hlp2rtf. It will convert your mastercam .hlp files to .rtf's which can be re-formatted and printed with MS Word or the like (pics, indices, and tables of contents included). Gives great output with the proper formatting.

Word of caution though the RTF's are HUGE!!!! look for 10x the size of the original .hlp files. Also each heading in the .hlp file be it 2 pages or 2 words gets its own section and usually its own page, so don't just convert it and hit print as the core.hlp file itself will be about 12000 pages.