Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Coolant always on with tool in post?

An extremely breif background: I'm new to Mastercam however I have 20+ years of IT/Networking/Programming so I'm a fairly quick learner.

I have searched the posts but didn't find what I was looking for so I'm hoping one of the many Guru's that post here can help.

I want to modify a post so that coolant is always turned on with the tool, regardless of coolant setting in the tool/operation.

I'm hoping there is a variable or switch I an set which will make every tool/op = Flood On With Tool.

I'm using the GENERIC FANUC 4X MILL.

Thanks,

John

Welcome to the Forum

cheers.gif

Hard code the M08 on the G43 line and the M09 on the G91 G28 line

change this

code:

pbld, n$, "G43", *tlngno$, pfzout, scoolant, next_tool$, e$

to this

code:

pbld, n$, "G43", *tlngno$, pfzout, "M08", next_tool$, e$

and this

code:

pbld, n$, sgabsinc, sgcode, "G28", "Z0.", scoolant, e$

to this

code:

pbld, n$, sgabsinc, sgcode, "G28", "Z0.", "M09", e$

Remove the scoolants

There might be a couple of positions for the turn ons/offs but change them all the same way and you should be good.

Read to quick originally wink.gif

[ 03-14-2006, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: jmparis ]

John, I think he still wants it to shut off for tool changes. He just doesn't want to check the coolant flood everytime he does a new tool operation. He wants the default to be on instead of having to check flooding on evry operation. This would also help me because sometimes I for get to check coolant on and I don't notice till I post program. Where in op defaults can you set it to always be on?

quote:

I would just feel more confident if I *KNEW* this would never be an issue.

I think what jmparis has listed above, as far as hard coding an M08 in the necessarry place would accomplish that. Of course to run anything dry you'd have to manually edit the NC file.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Another POV, I would use *smo8 in place of the "M08" and *sm09 in place of the "M09" shown above. What this gains you is that Mastercam still knows what the condtion of the coolant is; ON (*sm08) or OFF (*sm09).

JM2C